All Talk and No Action Sunday, February 22, 2009



The reviews and ratings were right. Sad, but true.

Though I knew what I was getting into, I was very keen to watch Abhishek & Sonam and hoped they would bring to life the so called "
Modern India"...

I wouldn't want to review the movie as it would be as taxing as the actual experience...

I just have to thank my lil bro - he has often been a life saver...always accompanied me to the dumbest of bollywood capers when everyone else has backed off...

This time though, he had enough too. He thanked God that I had no BF/Hubby - else I would have been dumped for expecting my guy to bear with such torture...

All I can say after watching the movie is that one hopes Abhishek takes a long, hard look at where his career is headed before it's too late.

I fail to understand his reasons for accepting roles which require absolutely no efforts or thoughts by way of inputs...

He is better of doing a Sarkar or a Guru - far meatier than his recent lame caricatures.


4 comments:

BS.. said...

Abhi as a NRI is quite a big thing to digest...Also he overdoes trying to be this "cool" dude these days...

He should get back to being the simple-normal roles and image...

All Talk and No Action said...

@BS - true...Though he was good in KANK.

However, I feel he goes better with rustic roles...ala Guru/Yuva?!

BS.. said...

If I remember correctly...In KANK, Big B potrayed the "cool" dude (dad) and Abhi was a normal guy....

All Talk and No Action said...

@BS - Abhi was still a pardesi who did have a certain twang to his accent...Yet he carried it off well..