All Talk and No Action Friday, May 7, 2010

Received Keith Yost's experience at BCG  from a friend.

I recommend you read the whole series here, here and here.

You will learn a few things about the consulting industry and Dubai's social fabric in there. If you are extra sensitive, you may also find some observations to be racial in nature.

Happy Reading.

*****
For a better part of my college and working life, I dreamt of, and worked towards making a career in Consulting.

I wonder how things would have turned out, had I kept at it.

I think, I already know.

4 comments:

apurv nakade said...

I have only read the experience at BCG essay; it was quite popular some time ago.

The guy's from MIT. His opinions are a bit prejudiced from having studied in an excessively moral and competitive framework.

I doubt people who have studied in Indian colleges would feel so strongly about the job. I remember doing the same kinds of frauds in my college and some of my friends in consulting seem quite content.

But then, everybody has different tastes.

All Talk and No Action said...

@apurv - wow that was some honesty about frauds :)

Yes, it can be a cultural thing.

But at another level, the article also questioned the need to be overtly dependent on Consulting firms.

One should stop treating I-Bankers, Consultants as Gods.

apurv nakade said...

But we *ARE* gods.

(Kidding :P
I am in I-Banking myself.)

All Talk and No Action said...

@Apurv - He he. I did check your profile :)

I "was" in I-Banking too :)