All Talk and No Action Saturday, July 30, 2011


I have been meaning to write a detailed review about The Art of Choosing, but I don't think I will come around to it. This is a brief note I had written earlier.

In a nutshell : The book is one of the most fascinating reads on Choice and the Human Mind. How the plenitude of choice can mar the very purpose of freedom of choice is a revelation. Sheena Iyengar's easy style and the gradual peeling of interesting ideas is very similar to that of Malcolm Gladwell.  

I also loved the book for some personal reasons : It confirmed what I have always believed about myself and other human beings, even though the ideas seemed absurd and so not cool!  to friends in general. You will have to read the book to find out more.
 
In the book, you will be introduced to the 3 Dans of psychology : Daniel Kahneman, Daniel Gilbert and Dan Ariely. They are must read psychologists, if the field interests you. 

No comments: