All Talk and No Action Friday, March 2, 2012

I know I haven't been regular here. In my defense, I have a life.


Presenting to you, the movies I watched in February -


The Royal Tenenbaums (Feb 3) - A dysfunctional family (of child prodigies) comes together to bid farewell to their ageing patriarch. I found myself giggling at all inopportune times here. That's how this movie pans out. The Tenenbaums' tragedy becomes the viewer's comedy, and, a good one at that.

Notes on a scandal (Feb 9)
- Watch this one solely for the performances.



Manhattan (Feb 12) - Wood Allen. Just the name makes me smile. Manhattan is an irreverent look at twisted human relationships. I liked the movie, though, I have seen better from Allen.



Ek main aur ekk tu (Feb 13) - Let's call this my guilty pleasure. And, I'm not ashamed to admit that I liked the movie. Having known people with similar stories (of misdirected and mis-understood emotions) it was easy to laugh at the improbability of the romance. The only disappointment was Amit Trivedi's music.


The Descendants (Feb 15) - I loved the movie and pray that we make such messy, yet refreshingly humorous and uplifting family dramas in Bollywood. And say what you want to, but Sid stole the show!


Friends with benefits (Feb 18) - Second guilty pleasure of the month. Same old story; it could have been bolder but chose not to push the envelope. I, however, developed a tiny crush on Justin Timberlake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome…
bangalorewithlove.com