All Talk and No Action Friday, June 19, 2009


I don't ever forget Birthdays.

Ever.

Won't be able to claim this from today.

What's sad is that I not only remember birthdays of important people like family, relatives, friends and Chotu, but of, neighbours and their kids, teachers, colleagues, friends of friends, family friends, old uncles and aunts, long lost friends, acquaintances, actors, actresses and all other sundry living beings.

But today, I, forgot the birthday of the most important man in my life !

It hurts more to think that he thought of it as a ploy. He thought I would wish him anytime and that I was acting as if I had forgotten !

The fact is - I did remember and was excited till last night.

Don't know what happened when I woke up !

He, being as magnanimous as he is, laughed it off.

"Just because you forgot a birthday, doesn't mean you don't love me or vice versa ! Hota hai...grow up and be beyond such things...we are humans..."

These words fail to placate me. Specially, because I have inherited this quality of remembering all important dates from him.

I am verry verrry Sorry !!

Hope, to make it up.



3 comments:

ashkd said...

now you might be remembering the DOB of words i guess.. hehe..

quiz.. mention all actresses of bollywood who have their birthdays in November..

lage raho india.. :-) for the prep yaar.. :P

Deepak Iyer said...

This is exactly why I never remember any dates [:)].

All Talk and No Action said...

@ashkd - :D

btw...ash, sush, meg ryan are all november babes :)

thank you !

@Deepak - Ya. It's better NOT to remember for anyone/anything. Atleast koi gila-shikva hone ka chance nahi...