All Talk and No Action Monday, February 8, 2010

Got a chance to watch Harishchandrachi Factory and Ishqiya this week.

I recommend Ishqiya for its rustic setting, unusual story, witty writing, fresh lyrics and Arshad. Vidya Balan has been a favourite since day 1, still, Arshad wins hands down in this one. I often wonder, how many more years before this versatile performer gets his due.

Harishchandrachi Factory is a commentary on Dadasaheb Phalke and the roots of Indian Cinema. The movie is very well made and has some hilarious moments. Apart from strong performances, it essentially outlines one man's vision. He sees gold where others see zilch. Finally it does boil down to acting upon ones convictions.

3 comments:

ARJuna said...

Hello There

I am sending this mail for a reason. I am turning 20 years old on 11th February, Thursday. This isn’t just any other birthday. It’s a coming of age of sorts and more importantly it is the day I cease to be a teenager. I pass on from being a Teen to an Adult.

I want to take this opportunity to connect with teens and adults alike who share my love for blogging. I want to know their views on the teenage and teens.

If you are interested to do a guest post for my blog, please make a note of the following:

1. Send me a reply on arjblogger@yahoo.com as soon as possible so that I know you are interested.

2. As soon as I receive your mail I will add you as a member of my blog until 15th February, Monday.

3. You can publish your post anytime in that period though it would be preferable if you could post on or before 11th February, Thursday (so that it can coincide with my ‘coming of age’)

4. I have given a few pointers below to give you some food for thought about what you can blog about in your post.

The guidelines for your post are as follows:

1. What does ‘teenage’ or ‘entering teenage’ mean to you?

2. What did you think ‘being a teenager’ and are you living up to those expectations?

3. Your experiences – good and bad - as a teenager that you face/faced.

4. What kind of trials & tribulations, internal conflicts, successes and failures did you face/ are you facing?

5. Any precious piece of wisdom you realised as a teenager?

These are just guidelines; you can choose to adhere to all/some of them but remember your style, creativity and opinion are more important.

Looking forward to your reply

Anonymous said...

Ishqia is good? I haven't seen it but ppl say its worse

All Talk and No Action said...

@allthecrap - Vishal B's movies are anyway never liked universally. I think only Makdee had that appeal.

I thought Ishqiya was well made, had good writing and good performances.

Ofcourse, if you go in expecting candy floss romance, this one will disappoint.