All Talk and No Action Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I've been away for so long that the whole business of blogging seems alien to me.

Every time I wish to share something, it invariably ends up being better expressed by someone else.

Plus, I always wonder what more can I ever add to the humongous pool of blogosphere. Everything worth saying, has been shouted from the rooftops; every news dissected, every emotion discussed threadbare, every worthy cause upheld and all possible outrage had.

Friends and readers have reached out at different times. I am grateful for the attention and, regret the woeful state this blog has come to.

Though some important events did claim majority of my time in the last few months, I won't offer them as valid reasons to not have blogged.

The only reason I didn't blog is -  I didn't have anything intelligent to say.

This feeling may have lingered had a friend not written a seemingly uninteresting mail a few days back. All he shared were thoughts that crossed his mind while he traveled to and fro office everyday.

What struck me then was how silly I had been all this while.

The very reason I started blogging was to give voice to the thousands of random thoughts that crossed my mind every day. The point was never to make readers think. The point was never to agonise over the wrongs in the world. It definitely was not to be a torchbearer of any sort. The only aim was to enjoy myself. And maybe, learn in the process.

My favourite bloggers have always been the ones who have created magic out of mundane subjects. They have connected with me, entertained me and if time permitted, made me think.

This is not to say that I won't link to important issues on this blog or discuss worldly and otherworldly matters.

It only means I will be more real to myself.

It also means I am already feeling better and less silly than from when I started penning this post.

And before you sign off, please try to answer this completely unrelated, but profound insight -


“Of all men’s miseries the bitterest is this: to know so much and to have control over nothing.” ― Herodotus, The Histories


Is this how knowledgeable and worldly wise Indians feel?

No comments: